Bot extermination

The Lincoln Journal Star comments page is infested with trolls, many of which are bots. The LJS requires you comment from a Facebook account; a pretty good sign you're dealing twith a bot, and not a real person, is if the Facebook page is blank.

So a couple of days ago, I was congratulating the writer of a pretty decent letter to the LJS. And a bot presumed to try correct my punctuation, hilariously mis-spelling comma. So I had a little fun.

The Helen Faust bot thought she could make me look stupid by editing her original comment. And another bot, a fake account, and a Nazi wench from Mitchell Nebraska tried to pile on.
This gave me the opportunity I've waited for my whole life. Hello, Dirty Harry.
As you can see, the Faustbot fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Now for the coup de grace.
None of the four have since reappeared. Good clean fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The members of Turning Point USA at UNL.

The Fortenberry slaves: a prelude

Dan Whitney, aka Larry the Cable Guy, a short biography