A Locke on my Twitter Account

 Yesterday 'Pastor' Greg Locke posted this on Twitter.


Yes, it's stupid, and Locke epitomizes everything that's wrong with the white American male. He's Tennesseean, Baptist, abused his wife, and then cheated on her and ran off with his secretary. He's ugly and stupid and a Trumpkin. In other words, he's like half the middle-aged men south of the Mason-Dixon, and has concluded that the only way to stand out from the goober crowd is to excel in obnoxiousness.

That's as may be, but with my ever logical mind, I wondered, how could he possibly know a mass shooting was about to take place? Unless...


So Twitter restricted my account for 12 hours, for promoting or encouraging suicide or self-harm.

This puzzled me for a bit, because while I'd certainly never discourage Greg Locke from improving the planet in this way, I hadn't actually suggested he harm himself. (And, in all sincerity, I'd prefer he just became a better human being). Then I realized the algorithm had caught the phrase 'shooting yourself'. 

So I appealed. And Twitter rejected my appeal, saying a violation did take place. Notice they didn't say that the specific violation of which they'd accused me took place. Because of course it didn't. In fact,  I violated none of their terms and conditions. 

They just didn't want to admit they were wrong and their algorithm is dumb. Oh well, I was asleep for most of the 12 hours I was in the penalty box, anyway. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fortenberry slaves: a prelude

The members of Turning Point USA at UNL.

Dan Whitney, aka Larry the Cable Guy, a short biography